The consumer choice health care movement is reaching its stride as the new products mature and reach further into the mainstream market. Early results are very encouraging. The vendors presenting at Galen’s briefing all showed improvements in cost-containing activities by their enrollees and a new level of health care activism. Patients are taking control of their resources and becoming active and intelligent consumers of health care services.
- Click here for the Galen Institute press release on the briefing.
- Click here for Aetna’s press release on the positive impact of consumerism on health care decisions. Click here for materials from Robin Downey of Aetna.
- Click here for materials from Michael Showalter of Definity Health.
- Click here for materials from Lee Newcomer, M.D. of Vivius, Inc.
- Click here for Stuart Slutzky’s presentation, “Destiny Health – Debunking the Myths of Consumer-Driven Healthcare.”
- Scott Krienke of Fortis was also part of the panel.
- Click here for a newsletter from Lumenos containing an article by Dr. Mike Parkinson, which provides a synopsis of consumer-driven health care.
- Click here for contact information on speakers and their companies.
- Click here for pictures from the briefing.